This is an incredible and rare opportunity for a passionate, and driven fashion / technical designer to work with the team at Brunette The Label. We are looking to recruit a Fashion / Technical Designer ready to take on a great role. This position is responsible for creating and manufacturing fit standards and quality across all product and textile categories throughout the product lifecycle. You will work closely with the design and production team to ensure accurate translation of design into a quality end product and minimize oversampling, utilizing strong technical knowledge of garment construction, finishing, and international quality compliance and using a critical eye for details will ensure garments are manufactured to specification and guidelines.
The role would best suit a creative that is highly organized, good at working independently, result-driven, adheres to deadlines, multitasker that strives for the highest standard, and design detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES:- work with the creative director to standardize measuring methods and create detailed guides for factories & in-house teams.-work with design and production to create tech packs and fitting templates.-work with design and production to develop and update systems to ensure a smooth and effective workflow.-receive, measure, fit and document all sample approvals and ensure they meet quality standards.-work with the creative director and design team in fittings to adjust the fit, collect comments, take photos ensuring garment fit is functional, fit to our standard and to get final sign off of all pre-production samples.-responsible for the organization of swatch libraries and samples.-manage sizing and grading standards and tolerances.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in design or technical design.· Bachelor's degree in fashion design or related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
· Proficiency in using Adobe Illustrator, photoshop and MS office.
· Knowledge of garment / product construction, fitting and finishes
· Experience in the building of technical specifications in the development and production.
· Strong problem solving skills and time management skills
· Proficiency in creating technical sketches on Illustrator
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team and with the directors
· Excellent communication skills· Must be friendly, passionate, with a positive can-do attitude to match Brunette’s values system
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who would love the opportunity of assisting to bring a new brand to life and enjoys working in a fast-paced fashion environment. Must be friendly, passionate, with a positive can-do attitude to match Brunette’s values system.
Please email your portfolio, cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply