ASSISTANT FASHION DESIGNER
Design Assitant - Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Vancouver (Please note, this is not a remote position)
We are adding to our Design Team! This is an incredible and rare opportunity for a passionate, and driven design assistant to work with the team at Brunette The Label.
Founded by Miriam Alden in early 2014, Brunette the Label is a clothing brand based in Vancouver, BC Canada. All of our products are passionately designed in Canada. We believe the word "babe" to be a way of life, and strive to create a community that is inclusive of all babes. Inspiring, strengthening, and elevating each other to be the best version of ourselves. Heading into the next stage of growth, we are ready to grow our design department.
You will be highly organized, and results-driven individual. You adhere to deadlines, strive for the highest quality standards for the brand, and enjoy getting on with the task at hand in a supportive and friendly environment.
We are looking to recruit a Fashion Design Assistant
This role would best suit a creative that is highly organized, good at working independently, result-driven, adheres to deadlines, multitasker that strives for the highest standard, and design detail.
• Working with our Design team to create unique and creative design concepts for seasonal collections.
• Developing technical drawings in line with range plans and brand strategy.
• Creating and collaborating on detailed spec sheets with sketches for production.
• Creating graphics and artwork for garment ranges.
• Work with the production team to execute designs from sampling to bulk production.
• Creating Range books and any additional selling tools required.
• Managing samples and quality control on production samples.
• Experience in the fashion industry
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong understanding of garment construction, fitting, and finishes
• Adept skills in Photoshop & Illustrator
• Technical drawing ability in Illustrator
• Adept skills in putting together Tech Packs for factories
• Strong time management skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team and with the directors
We are looking for a long-term team member looking to grow within the role. Must be friendly, passionate, and with a positive can-do attitude to match Brunette's values system.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org